Megan woke up early and we had breakfast and read some "Magic Treehouse" (we've read the first 20 now). Around 9a, we went to get Cam up and dressed. Megan also got dressed, as she had been lounging in her PJ's. We headed to Megan's school for their "Cultural Fair." They gave us a cute paper suitcase on the way in, and two "passports" for the kids. We found our way to the gym, where there was a table set up for each continent. This is where we got out passports stamped. By the third table, both kids were interested in what stamp they were going to collect next. At the table for Europe, I started reading all the different countries to Megan. She was amazed at how few she recognized. There were some new ones to me, too. Geography is not my strong suit...
When we were done in the gym, we sat down at a cafeteria table to review what "break-out" sessions were happening at 10:30a. There was one craft/activity for each continent. Megan picked flag-coloring in India. Both kids had their name written in Hindi, and Cameron was excited. He's starting to understand when I write his name (we've started writing his name on his sippy cup every morning). He also sat nicely and "colored" while Megan colored her flag.
Next Megan picked Europe, and hat-making in the Sherwood Forest. Cam was getting antsy, and I had to run around the room with him while Megan made her hat. When we were done, I asked her if she'd like to stay, or head to the grand opening of a local veterinarian hospital. Megan's private Kindergarten is studying dogs right now, so I thought she might enjoy it. She was ready to go, so we headed to the parking lot. I made the mistake of letting Cam down, and it was hard to tear him away from the curbs, as he tried to balance-walk on them.
We got to the opening, and found several animals running around in an enclosure. I fell in love with the baby goats - they nuzzled you when they were held, and seemed genuinely affectionate. There were also rabbits and a pig. The pony was in a separate enclosure, and there were several baby chicks in their own pen, but they did not want to be held.
Next we hit the bounce house, and both kids had a blast! They were playing together so nicely, Megan was hugging her brother, and they giggled when they fell down. I would have been happy to let them stay in there all day, but there were other children waiting. We had $1 hot dogs, a treat from the ice cream truck, and took a tour of the facility. They both wanted to return to the bounce house, and they got a nice long turn, some of it all on their own. Megan told me "It's fun when it's just a brother and sister in here!"
Megan's dad picked her up from the vet's, and Cam and I headed home for a nice long nap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment