The clothes in my closet have been static for at least 10 years now. I wear the same size I have since I reached my full height; there really isn't that much in there; when the seasons change I just shuffle them around for convenience sake.
My children's closets are another story. No wonder children's clothes can be passed down so many times... a child's piece of clothing is good for 6 months at best. Then the season changes and the next time it's warm/cold again, the item is too small.
Then there is the question of timing. Here in Cincinnati we have a saying: "if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes." Is Spring really here? Should I put away the winter sweaters and heavy pants? Or will it be 40 degrees again in a couple days? And there is just not room for both sets of clothes. Why is that? Why do my kids need so many more clothes than I do? Oh yes, I remember... dirt.
I tackled Megan's closet and dresser yesterday... bag up the stuff that will be too small next fall (is this one really a size 5? It looks so big? Is this hole noticeable? Will this stain come out?) and pack up the stuff that might make it through one more cold season. Then unpack last year's leftovers and rummage through the hand-me-downs for the right size/season. I think she's all set.
I guess I'll do Cam's tonight... or maybe next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment