It does seem like a smart way to start: the teacher shows the kids (4-5) easy soccer drills and the parents help the kids try the drills. Everyone is active the whole time, and the children get some time with their parents. The drills didn't seem super-exciting to me, but let's face it: soccer is not the most thrilling pastime (at least not in the US, right?) Megan was less than interested. She did kick the ball a few times. She even tried a few of the drills. But after just seconds, she was climbing on me like a monkey and ignoring her teacher and the other kids in her class.
Yesterday when the "lesson" turned into a climb-fest, I asked her "Do you want to go?" "Yes" So we left. I told her "We'll just cross soccer off the list of sports that you might play." "No, I don't want to cross it off. I might like a different kind of soccer." "Megan, there's only one kind of soccer." "No, don't cross it off." "Alright, we won't cross it off." So soccer is still on our imaginative list of Megan sports ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
LOL! It was just the same way with us. Greg liked soccer at first. But, after a few times, he would just sit on his soccer ball on the sidelines with us and watch the other kids play. So, whether Greg likes it or not, I have crossed soccer off of his list! Maybe our kids are more the baseball/softball type??!! :)
Post a Comment