Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Magic of...

1) Puddles... the only thing that inspired Cam to get down from my arms all morning. He splashed for a while then pointed at my feet. "Mommy...." so I splashed too.

2) Ketchup... Cam wanted nothing to do with the brat I had cut into small pieces for him. Then I brought out a bowl of ketchup, dipped a few pieces in, and ate them myself. In no time flat he had finished the rest of it himself.


3) Bottles... hey, I know he's supposed to be done with them. But if it ain't broke, why fix it? When he's sleepy a bottle guides him to the land of Nod like nothing else can. Hey, at least he doesn't have a binky.


4) Lollipops... I know they're pure sugar, but they keep a fussy child happy for at least 15 minutes - long enough to drive home from most of our favorite spots.


5) Outside... yesterday going outside turned him from nothing-makes-me-happy to yay!-a-slide


6) Cat treats... we'd been trying to get the cat across the street to come to us for months. She kinda wanted to, but would run when we got too close. Now she is eating out of our hands - literally!

No comments: