Saturday, June 21, 2008
Sing. Sing a Song
Saturday Cam slept. And slept. But even after a 2 1/2 hour nap, he woke up grouchy. So I sat with him in the dark and we rocked on the glider. He slept a little more, then woke up. But he was still groggy. I sat him next to me and started singing "Winnie the Pooh". He giggled a little and sat still to listen. I went on to "Twinkle Twinkle". Then I started racking my brain for all the kids' songs I might have accessible in its recesses. After I went through kids' songs I sang a few country (John Denver, Kenny Rogers) and patriotic. Then back to kids'. Cam just sat still and listened. He took his stuffed Eeyore and put it over his eyes. Every time I was certain he'd fallen to sleep he would giggle at one of my silly expressions. I was starting on my Sesame Street repertoire when David got home. "Come on in" I told him "We're just singing."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment