Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Power Outage

It was raining hard, and Cam, Megan and I were outside with an umbrella. David came out to tell us the power was out, and we all headed in. Megan got excited: "Mommy, we'll have to use flashlights! Or candles!" I was going over in my head what we could eat without the microwave to use. (or the stove, though it's rare these days for me to turn it on :) ) We were settling down for our "adventure" when the lights came back on. Megan was disappointed. "Do you want to pretend the power is still out?" I asked her. She did, and we flipped all the lights off. David told us we needed to listen to the TV, though, in case there was a tornado warning/watch. After a few minutes David went to light the candles. "Are you doing that just in case?" I asked. He laughed... he'd forgotten we were "playing"!

No comments: