Sunday, June 22, 2008

Bye-bye ball

Cam loves balls, especially the kind you can bounce. So when Megan got a Scooby-Doo bouncy ball at a party recently I didn't think twice when I handed it over to him to examine. But this ball was on the small side, and he popped it right in his mouth. I didn't think it would slide down his throat, but the whole ball fit inside, and I was afraid choking was a possiblity. He started laughing and running around and ignoring my requests to "Spit out the ball."

So I told him I was going to take it away, and the next time he put it into his mouth I stuck it in my pocket. I told him "all gone, you can't play with it anymore." He forgot about it for a while, then came back to me and said "ball" and reached for my pocket. "No" I told him "no more ball for Cameron." He looked at me with a question in his eyes: "Bye-bye ball?" he asked. "That's right," I told him "bye-bye ball."

No comments: