Our hotel had a breakfast provided. It was super crowded, but I think we all got enough to eat. Then we headed to Legoland. We were the first ones there, the doors were not yet open. I was the first one to buy tickets. (the hotel had a great coupon, and the kids were free)
David had forgotten something at the hotel, and he went back to get it. Megan, Cam and I headed straight to the "roller coaster". It turned out to be sort-of like the Scooby Doo ride at Kings Island. Nothing too thrilling. We did get to try to shoot targets.
Next we went back to look at the Lego environments we had rushed through to be the first ones on the ride. The jungle was pretty cool. The little city was neat too; we found out later than sometimes "night" fell on the city. When David got back, we had already headed upstairs to the "hands-on" area. The kids played there for a while. Cameron and Megan both built several cars that they then raced down the ramp. (although none of us ever figured out how to make them actually get to the end) Megan headed over to the large, soft Legos, and built a wall that surrounded her and shut her in. Cam joined in, and sat in a chair that Megan then built. Cam and I also went on the little "flying bicycle" ride that was next to the hands-on area. Next Cam played in the indoor playset for a while. Then David and Megan saw the 3-D show, and Cam and I went into the Lego-factory area, where the kids "sorta" participated in making some Legos. By now the place was pretty packed. I think we had seen just about everything, so we headed out. We were able to get on the road by about 1p.
The ride home went surprisingly smoothly, since Cam was sick of movies and so mostly just sat around in the back. He never did fall asleep, like we thought he might. We ended up having a late lunch at McD's (gag). I found a trivia app for David's cell phone, and he and I spent the remainder of the trip trying to answer trivia questions. Megan read and played on her iPhone, and her DS too I think. When we got home, our garage door didn't open! The power was out! It was kinda surreal. Eric picked up Megan, and I decided to go get the animals so David didn't have to make the drive the next day. When I got back, the power had just come back on.
It was a good vacation, but it was good to be back home. I went to work the next day, Megan spent the day with her dad, and David kept Cam home and they spent almost 8 hours putting together two Lego sets. (one Cam had earned with a sticker chart, and the other David bought him as his souvenir at the Lego store)
Legoland:
David's FB posts for the day:
5 1/2 hour drive home press the garage door opener and........nothing. The power is out the house is dark. I know how this movie ends. Two people you don't want to be. The black guy in a horror movie or the 5th guy in the Star Trek away team. I think I'll let Cam go down and check the breaker box. Been nice knowing you kid
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment