There was a wild mouse ride, and a few other little rides. David and Megan went on the Wild Mouse. The only thing I could talk Cam into were the go-carts (Mt Olympus had a ton of go-carts, all included) We waited in line for a really long time, but he was very patient. David and Megan waved to us from the overpass bridge. Then the kids played at the indoor playset.
David said he would take Cam on the outdoor water slides (brrrr! it was really cold, brave man) I was happy for the dryer option of taking Megan on the roller coasters. It was still raining, but not too horribly, and there was no thunder or lightning. There were 4 roller coasters, and we hit them all. Surprisingly, I didn't feel sick. They were all wooden roller coasters with semi-large hills. The coolest one was Hades, which went UNDER the parking lot, back up for a hill or two then BACK under the parking lot.
Megan and I were trying to decide which one to ride again when David called. We agreed to meet back at the car. Boy, did that warm car feel good!
After we went back to the hotel briefly, we went to Pizza Pub. I drove, the kids and David walked. It was a pizza buffet, and it was yummy. We all felt refreshed after a nice lunch. Megan and I told David he HAD to try out the Hades roller coaster. After a quick trip to Walmart for pants for Cam and some rain ponchos, Cam and I dropped David and Megan back at Mt Olympus. They went on the roller coasters, and some go-carts, while Cam and I went to Knucklehead's. At Knucklehead's, Cam and I braved the ropes course. I had no idea it would be so scary. Cam was SO brave - probably braver than I was. After we made it back down, Cam spent a long time on the Jumping Pillow. I couldn't talk him into any of the rides, but he did spend the rest of the time in the indoor playset. We were there quite a while, and David called while he was still playing. David and Megan were going to walk back to the hotel from Mt Olympus. But when I told Cam that they were headed back, he decided he was ready to leave, so we picked them up somewhere in the middle.
We ate dinner from Walmart food, maybe went in the indoor pool (?) and then to bed. I think. It's been more than a month ago now.
David's FB posts for the day:
At Mr Pancakes trying to kill some of the three plus hours between when I get up and the family gets up. Then off to Olympus to ride some coasters for gods sake
-------------------------------------------------------------
Gutsy move for the owner of the corner bar here. Nig's Place. I heard the fried chicken is great but if you want dinner and a show you have to head over to Homo's. Can you imagine what the rest of his name is if he went with Nig. I'm betting there is a Eugene in there somewhere
-------------------------------------------------------------
All you can eat pizza and pasta at The Pizza Pub but bread tastes exactly like pompillios.......Must ..not ....fill... up ...on ...bread. You can do this David show them why you've been banned from ever Chinese buffet east of the Mississippi.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Screw you rain. Megan and I are going to ride Hades and all its 70mph, pitch black tunnel under the parking lot wooden roller coaster goodness. And I will ride it like it has never been ridden before (unless, of course, it has previously been ridden by a 48 yo man screaming like a tween girl at a Justin Beiber concert. In which case I will be riding it exactly as it has been ridden before)
-------------------------------------------------------------
You think 8 seconds on a bull is a long time. Try the 8 seconds it takes to find your 5 y/o after a 9 foot wave has just sent both of you ass over tea kettle amidst its frothy white death. Note to self all wave pools are not created equal.
-------------------------------------------------------------
See below (assoc w pic below)
No comments:
Post a Comment