After we gobbled some donuts and packed the car, we headed to the Museum of Science and Industry. We managed to get lost, even with a GPS. Mostly my fault... After going around a certain block about 8 times, we did manage to get out of the city and find the Museum. We were able to get the general admission free, with our Cincinnati Museum Center card (yay!) But David decided we should see the submarine and the Mythbusters! exhibit, so it still ended up costing us almost $70. We thought the kids didn't get much out of the sub, but Cam still talks about it. (It's Sept 6 now)
The kids mostly enjoyed the museum, and the old-fashioned ice cream parlor, but by about 3p Cam was ready to go. We drove to Elgin, about an hour outside Chicago and on our way to Wisconsin. We hit a lot of traffic, but at least that meant we wouldn't hit that area the next day.
The hotel at Elgin was nice, and we swam for a while. We went to a Jewel Osco (a local grocery store) and bought some frozen foods to microwave for dinner. David and I were tired of restaurants already. I think we swam after dinner too, and then went to bed pretty early. I think that might have been the night I got to see some of the Olympic UB finals.
Pictures from the Museum of Sci and Industry:
David's FB posts in the morning:
So I'm standing on the corner like Homer Simpson looking for doughnuts. I take out my phone and very loudly say "Find doughnuts" into it. Then I put it up to my ear waited a second and take off across the street. Did that help me find Dunkin's? No, but the early birds in Chicago now think I have a much better phone than I do.
-------------------------------------
Dearest Facebook I hope this post finds you well. It's day three of our journey and troop moral is low. I haven't see it this bad since the Walley World incident of '02. We are running low on rations as well and I fear we may run out of sugar coated sugar and orange food before we reach our destination. The Dells are still a fortnight away by caravan (grand caravan to be exact). Wishing you the best The Morgan family --------------------------------------------
It's 8 am I have already gotten up, went to the pool to shower then walked to Dunkin's to get us breakfast. The hotel bed made me feel like I got hit by a truck yet tweedle dumb and tweedle dumber are still in bed doing a gold medal sleep gymnastics performance . Kids suck! (associated with pic below)
-----------------------------------
It's okay the are only step siblings (assoc with pic below)

No comments:
Post a Comment