Because Megan and I wanted to visit the Chicago Art Institute, and I thought Cameron might like the Lego store in Water Tower Place, I asked David if we could leave on Saturday night (Aug 4) instead of waiting until the morning.
After David got home, and Megan's dad dropped her off from her Tennessee vacation, we got the car packed (mostly done already), and were able to leave before 6p. We drove 3 hours to Lafayette, IN (home of Purdue), which was right on the way to Chicago. The kids watched movies the whole way there. The lady at the Lafayette hotel (Fairfield Inn) asked me what brought us to Lafayette. I told her we were on our way to Chicago. I don't think she liked that answer much.
Because of her trip to TN, Megan was in the car over 8 hours that day! She was a trooper about it. The kids played in the pool for a bit, then we went to Bob Evans for dinner. I think we were in bed before 11p. I don't actually have any pictures of this day. (I don't think I do anyway) But here is a slideshow of the kids playing on the bed in Chicago.
David's pre-vacation FB post:
We are headed out on vacation after work. I'll try to post pictures so people can know to go rob my house. We are running a special, steal a 7 year old computer get a 10 year d TV free! We were thinking about getting Alarm Force to protect our belongings but we went with rabbid honey badger instead. Remember "honey badger don't give a f$@&!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment