Next we headed to Vertical Illusions. David had scoped out the whole area while the kids and I were still sleeping, so he knew exactly where to go. We all had a snack at a gas station/Dunkin Donuts (I tried their Texas Toast grilled cheese - yum )
We had a pretty long ride to the location we were ziplining/rock climbing - probably about 45 minutes. David talked to our guides most of the way. The girl was nice, but I wasn't crazy about the guy. They were both college age, or thereabouts. Cam hiked like a champ (and it wasn't an easy hike) and took to ziplining no prob. Megan was an old pro at both. After the easier zip lines, Cam started going with our female guide, which made us all breathe easier, and he had more fun.
After ziplining for a while, we stopped to rock-climb. Luckily, they didn't have time for David and I to do it. So the kids both did two climbs. The first one was at an angle, and really wasn't that hard. But the second one went pretty much straight up, and both kids had trouble with it. I think Megan's ego was pretty deflated, but at least she couldn't complain that it was too easy. After the two rock climbs, we ziplined a little more. The last zipline ended right at our car. We were all pretty wiped, I think. We headed back to the Dells. Cam fell asleep, but not until we were almost back. VI gave us a picture CD, included in the vast amount of money we gave them.
After we got back to the hotel, we had some dinner in the room. Megan and I went to a little lobby area that had a microwave, and ate there. Then Cam and David went swimming, and Megan and I went to the Deer Park, then to Top Secret in the Dells. We both loved the Deer Park. We couldn't believe how tame some of them were. Top Secret was okay (it was an upside-down White House), Megan seemed to enjoy it. Here are a few pics.
After we got back, we all went mini-golfing. Long day, and maybe our latest night.
Duck Boat:
Ziplining:
Deer Park:
Mini Golf (Aug 8 and Aug 10):
David's FB posts for that day:
Today's plan is zip-lining, rock climbing, parasailing and coming back with at least one less child than we started with.
-------------------------------------------------
This duck comes with a view (assoc w pic below)
-------------------------------------------------
Well that sucked. 8000 feet of zip line and 60 feet of shear rock face and we still have two mouths to feed. And now they want souvenirs. Time for plan B. tomorrow is snake charming and jumping off a cliff on fire. Until then cam and I are off to the pool and meg and Jen are going to feed deer.
-------------------------------------------------
Just finished miniature pirate golf. Jen shot 3 hole in ones. I shot par. Cam shot any hope I had of him getting an athletic scholarship and meg stopped counting but probably came in a distant second to King of the Club. Eat that step punk!
No comments:
Post a Comment