Saturday, August 04, 2012

Wisconsin Dells trip, day 9 (Sun, Aug 12)

We got up, packed, and out the door. We could not find one of our keys, so I told the front desk I would send them money if it was not in our luggage. (oops!) I think we ate breakfast at the hotel, but I cannot remember for sure.

It was about 3 hours to Schaumburg. We went straight to our hotel, which was Comfort Suites. It was our biggest room yet. As soon as we dumped some of our luggage, we headed to Legoland, which wasn't far. However, it was way too crowded, and we had to make it to the Medieval Times show that night. So I asked David "Why don't we come here tomorrow morning right when they open - it's a Monday, it shouldn't be too crowded." (ha)

So we went back to the hotel and swam in the pool for a bit. We got to Medieval Times pretty early, and spent some time just waiting in the lobby area for the show. I think the kids enjoyed the knights and the jousting, though Cam did not care at all for the food. (not even the dessert) We had given him a hot dog before we left though. It was the first room we had that had a microwave, might as well make use of it! We enjoyed cheering for our blue knight. He did win one jousting contest.

We went to bed very early that night, and Megan couldn't sleep. I let her read her book in the bathroom for a while.

Renaissance Times:

David's FB posts for that day:

Status report, vacation date 08 12 12. We are about to leave this world they call the Dells. Yesterday we went parasailing. Now I know how a kite feels. There were two water activities we've been trying to do since we got here. Cam did parasailing willingly. The other I had to drag him kicking and screaming . I know I sound like a bad parent and he will probably be emotionally scarred for life but the kid needed a bath.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Have arrived at hotel just outside of Chicago. Medieval Times show tonight Lego land tomorrow then this vacation is in the books. I'm searching the Internet to get some of those family figure decals to commemorate our vacation but as of yet I haven't found one with the dad snapping a miniature golf putter over his leg, a mom passed out from exhaustion, a daughter playing with her iPhone or a son falling off the back of a jet ski. Oh well there is always next year.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Ah, the medieval festival. The only place where bald with a pony tail is cool. Okay this and comic con.

No comments: