Thursday, August 09, 2007

Sleep Guardian

Because he hasn't been nursing well, I made the decision a few days ago to introduce Cam to formula. (I still want to keep pumping, but since he's not really nursing any more...) It's a lot easier for David to put powdered formula into some warm water than to get a bag of frozen milk and warm it up 'slowly'. So, since he's off this week, he's been able to help out at night. (we did let Cam 'cry it out' at night around 6 months -for a week - but when we learned he was pretty skinny, we started feeding him when he woke up)

Last night went something like this...

9p - David can't get Cam to sleep
9:30p - Cam finally settles down when I nurse him (he'll only nurse when he's tired)
11:30p - Cam is up
12:00a - Cam is up
12:30a - Cam is up
1a - Cam is up...

Finally, at 1a, David made him a bottle. When he was up at 1:30a again, David mysteriously disappeared. I was exhausted though, so since I heard no crying I let him handle it. Around 2:30a I woke briefly and noticed David's pillow was gone. Was he sleeping on the floor in Cam's room? It passed through my mind to investigate, but I knew whatever he was doing it was so I could rest, so that's what I should do. Thankfully, I was able to find sleep again. Around 5a David came back to bed, pillow in tow. "Where have you been? What were you doing?" I murmured drowsily. "I took Cam to the basement so you wouldn't hear him crying. We were down there for 4 hours."

Did I marry a great guy or what?? And today, thanks to him, I feel bright-eyed and bushy-tailed!

No comments: