Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Saturday, September 29

Anyone who's been around me lately knows I've been stressing about this day. The first event I discovered was my company picnic. I really wanted to go, and take both kids. David works 5 out of 6 Saturdays, and this doesn't happen to be one of his Saturdays off. And unfortunately one of the downsides of his job is that he cannot take a day off 'on a whim'. So I thought I'd ask my mom - I don't want to take both kids on my own, because then I couldn't go on the rides with Megan (the picnic is at a small, private amusement park)

Of course, Mom is working that day and also cannot get off. So maybe I'll ask one of my judging friends... no, turns out there is a judging workshop that day. It is supposed to be 'mandatory', and I'm usually very good about attending judging events (there are usually 2-3 'mandatory' days a year) But I really want to go to this picnic, so I'm skipping the judging workshop.

So I'll need a sitter for Cam - I've already lined up his paternal grandparents, although my father-in-law told me "Jen, you're going to have to remind me. That's too far in the future for me to remember!" David can take him down to Kentucky on his way to work. So now it's just me and Megan, free to play all day at the picnic (if it doesn't rain that is, and as long as it's not too hot...)

But wait, maybe I'll try to go to at least part of the gymnastics workshop, in the morning - it starts at 8:45a (it's supposed to go until 6p). Now I'll have to find a sitter for Megan for the morning... still debating this.

Are you starting to get the picture here?

Oh, and I just got an invitation for a baby shower yesterday. Guess what day? (I'm not going)

No comments: