Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Cat's in the cradle

Last night I was feeding Cam at 4a (I know, I know, I should stop that) It was pitch black because David and I have theorized that Cam sleeps better in absolute darkness. (we've had a lot of "theories" - it's a pretty common source of discussion for us) I felt whiskers against my foot and knew one of the cats had joined me (along with our own kitty, Dickens, we are cat-sitting for my mom's two felines) After I carefully - and blindly - placed a slumbering Cam back into his crib and headed for the door, I heard a huge shuffling of the crib side. It was definitely a wood-on-wood sound. Could Cam turning over onto his stomach possibly create such a ruckus? After the initial disturbance, everything was quiet so I was going to just let it be. But curiosity got the best of me and I flipped on the bathroom light so I could see into the nursery. There sat Peek-a-Boo, the larger of Mom's cats, right by Cameron's head. Even if the myth of cats stealing baby's breath is all hogwash, we were all lucky the cat hadn't landed right on top of him. So I gently removed the 25-pound kitty from above the noggin of the 18-pound baby.

And shut the door tightly!

No comments: