Friday, November 28, 2008

Over the river and through the woods...

Okay, we didn't go over a river or through any woods, but we did go to Grandmother's house.

I like to work the day after Thanksgiving. For one thing, I don't want to waste my vacation days. For another, it's always an easy, quiet day (and you couldn't pay me to go shopping on "Black Friday") But there is one problem: no school, no daycare.

Megan went home with Mamie last night after Thanksgiving (her choice), so she was already there today. I took Cam on my way to work - Mom's house is luckily very close to my office.

When I woke him this morning, we snuggled a little to help him wake up pleasantly. Then I told him "You're going to Mamie's house today", and he was off! He started grabbing clothes, and asking for shoes, hurrying to get to the car. I told him he needed a diaper first, and he laid right down! Then he climbed into his car seat on his own (a first). All the way down the highway, he kept asking "Mamie's house?" and I said "yes, that's right". When we got there, he ran right to the door, then jumped in my arms to be carried up the stairs. The other three grandchildren all cried excitedly "Cameron!" and he kicked his legs and laughed, pushing to get down from my arms.

A little bit easier drop-off than daycare!!

No comments: