Where she at? In my meeting. Where she at? In my meeting. Yo! Yo! Megan's in my meeting.
Okay, if you get that reference you really loved rap in the 90's.
I had a short gymnastics meeting to attend Tuesday night and I thought it would be fun to bring Megan. I wanted to show her off a little, and I also think it's good for her to see that I have friends. So I got her some new coloring books, new markers, and sat her next to me in the high school cafeteria. The first thing she told me when she came in: "Look, Mom, there's a pattern on the wall." Then she pointed: "red rhombus, blue square, red rhombus, blue square." I asked Trish and Judi "Did you hear what she said? Did you know that was a rhombus? I didn't." And Megan informed us "That's what we call them in Kindergarten."
I ran out to the car because I forgot something, and Megan chatted up the ladies around her. When I got back, Betty told me "She's nothing like you, Jen. She's a gabber." This I know.
She sat quiet and still through the meeting -mostly. When Kathleen started to review the rules on gymnasts' underwear, Megan whispered to me: "Mom, she said underwear." I tried to keep from laughing, but Kelly, who was two seats over, got a good giggle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment