Wednesday, October 15, 2008
The cow says mooooo...
What is it with animal sounds? Why are they some of the first words we teach our children? Is it because it's so darn cute to hear them say "moooooo"? Cam likes to put on a dress-up duck bill we have and walk around saying "quack-quack". We have at least 4 books centered around animal sounds, and two See n Says with "The owl says..."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ha! I was just wondering about this, because we have NOT taught Kaya any animal sounds. I've been stunned by some of the other kids her age we know who seem able to make 20 different animal sounds on cue ("What does a pig say?"). It got me thinking: how did they learn that? Why did they learn that? I think Kaya has been so focused on saying our dog's name (Bartleby) that every other word has been put on hold. :-)
Hi Erin! I think it's because the words are just so darn easy (Mooo, Baaa, Whooo) and we like to see our children succeed. They do sound cute saying them too.
Bartleby I think would be a very hard work. Cam still hasn't mastered "Megan".... :)
Post a Comment