Megan often asks me to tell her a story. So, since it's nearing Halloween, and I'm currently reading Twilight (a book about a not-so-scary, good vampire) I decided to tell her the plot of the novel. I told her something happens to Edward in the sunlight, but I hadn't found out what it was yet. We started making guesses together. When we got home, I asked her what we should read tonight. She said "Can we read Twilight together?" Can we!?! How cool... I can read to her and to myself at the same time. (another advantage... the book is due back to the library in 2 weeks and is not renewable because of all the holds on it)
She listened very closely, had no trouble following the plot, (I paraphrased after some of the more complex sentences) and I only had to skip over one slightly-inappropriate word. (hell)
This growing up gig is not so bad!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment