Megan had been so impressed with Kentucky Caverns that she now wanted to see Mammoth Cave. I didn't think Cam would do well on another cave tour, so David and I took Megan first thing in the morning. We picked the shortest tour. Because Mammoth Cave "has a good roof", and no water leaks in, the cave is really pretty boring. (at least the section we saw) There are no formations, and the tour was mostly "yammering" as David put it. We have no pics, since Papaw was not with us.
We called Ron and Joyce when we were done, and they brought Cameron and met us at the park. We found a trail and took a very long, very draining hike. Ron and David seemed fine... Ron is surprisingly spry for 70. Joyce was exhausted, and I was worn out from carrying Cameron up so many hills. But it was a pretty setting.


The kids enjoyed climbing up a rock/shelf early on.




I found a very cool snail we examined for quite a bit.


David found a hollowed out tree perfect for children to hide in.


He also took Cam down along the water.

Megan conquered a tree, but by the end of the hike she was worn out. David let her ride on his shoulders.


We all took a nice rest before heading back up the hill to the car.


After the hike, Ron and Joyce took Cam to McDonald's, and then home for a nap.


Megan (but actually it was more David) wanted to go horseback riding again. David had found a private home around Mammoth Cave that would take us out riding. At first Megan was going to ride with me, but we found out she could ride on her own. That's what she decided to do. There were a ton of hills on the trail in the woods. It made me a bit nervous, but Megan did great. She looked like a natural up in the saddle all by herself. She also played on a trampoline with the man's daughter for a little while.
Cam was just falling asleep when we got back to the cabin. We relaxed while he slept. We left the kids with the grandparents while David and I went back for one more ride on the Alpine Slide. I was less nervous this time, and I went much faster.
We spent the rest of the evening relaxing, packing, and using up the remainder of our game tokens. The kids wanted to play on the playground one last time.




No comments:
Post a Comment