Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

My children are too young to really pamper me yet, and David was sick, sick, sick. But the day was still pleasant. Cam woke up at 6a, but he came in and slept with us until 10:30a, when we finally rolled out of bed. Cam and I hung out, goofing around and playing, until about 2p, when I left to get Megan for our Mother's Day lunch (she spends Sundays with Eric). I took Cam up to join David in his sick bed, and Cam actually took a nap, even though he'd slept in.

Megan and I went to Bravo! for lunch. I hadn't been in a while, and had been craving the Spaghetti Carbonara. Megan's reaction to Bravo!: "I like Wendy's better." I told her it was my choice this time, since it was Mother's Day. She was very sweet other than that. When I asked her for a drink of her smoothie, she told me "Of course! It's your special day."

When I got home, I hung out on the couch with David for over two hours while Cameron continued his nap. We finally woke him up about 5:30p. After some moderately successful attempts at getting Cam to eat dinner, he and I headed out into the beautiful spring night. (see next post)

I read books to Cam from 8:30p-9p, and then half-read some more as I watched Desperate Housewives. He didn't seem to mind my distracted reading, and sat with me through most of the show. (Bree is BUSTED!) At 10p, we all went upstairs and despite sleeping most of the day away, Cam zonked out as soon as his head hit the pillow.

Lots of sleep and a nice lunch out... what more could I have asked for?

No comments: