
Because Megan was with her dad for Christmas this year, we delayed giving the kids their presents until she was back in town.
Christmas Eve... a quiet evening at home, just me and my guys.
Christmas Day... over to Mom's house for the morning and brunch. Cameron caught on to opening his presents from Mom very quickly. Unfortunately he also melted down very quickly, and we made a quick exit around 1p. He took a long nap, and then another quiet evening at home.
December 26... I took Cam to "Entertrainment" for the first time (Daddy was working). It was not great, but it filled our morning adequately. He looked at the train displays for 20 minutes or so, then played in the kids' area for maybe an hour. Their climbing playground was very nice; so safety-concious and padded I almost could have let him in by himself. There was also a holiday area, but that only occupied us for a short time. (We did get a cookie from Mrs Claus though) When we got home from the trains, he discovered David's gift from Megan under the tree and promptly opened it (while I was on the phone) He found me in the kitchen and handed it to me proudly. He could tell it was not for him.
December 27... Cam woke up early and we did some shopping for Daddy at the Dollar Store. My best find was a plate with the "changing picture" texture. David hates touching those, so Megan and I got a good laugh when he opened it two days later. After the Dollar Store, we went to Meijer for a few items. Cam was a great shopper.
We headed over to Kids First and were lucky to find the play area open. (indoor slides, swings, trampoline, basketball hoops, "roller coaster" and playhouses, all for $4) Daddy surprised us by coming home from work early, and after Cam's nap we headed over to my mom's to visit with family that came down from Cleveland.
December 28... David, Cam and I did some errands in the morning. While Cam was napping, Eric brought Megan over and I ran her down to my mom's so she could visit with her friend Kate (from Cleveland). They had a wonderful time playing while David and I went to his sister's for his family's Christmas (Unfortunately while my car was sitting in front of my mom's, my cell phone was stolen!). We opened lots of presents, ate a mountain of food, and watched a ton of football. Then we collected Megan and came home for our "Christmas Eve".
December 29...Our Christmas. David's parents and brother and sister-in-law came over first thing in the morning, and the kids opened their presents. Megan's favorite was a princess "MP3 player" from her Uncle Danny. She loved the earbuds. Cam's favorite were some little bouncy balls I found him at the Dollar Store. At least it wasn't an empty box! It was also Cam's birthday, and we sang to him and gave him a cupcake and ice cream. (we are going to have his "big party" when he is 2 1/2)
We all went to Cracker Barrel for brunch. We were split into two tables, and Megan got to be the center of attention at her table, chatting and joking with David and her Uncle Dan and Aunt Dee. Cam was a good eater and I managed to keep him at the table the entire meal! That is a first!!!
After our company left and Cam took a short nap, we headed off to the movies to see "The Tale of Despereaux". Cam was squirmy, but we managed to sit through probably half the movie (and wander around playing with the seats for the other half) Megan said she liked it, but I would give it a thumbs-down. Plus, I thought some of the scenes were kinda icky and scary for a kids' movie.
My mom came over in the evening to participate in our Christmas, and to give Megan a few gifts. She brought us dinner (Steak n Shake). We sang Happy Birthday to Cam again, and this time he figured out how to blow out the candle! She gave him a card and a few presents. She stayed and played with Megan and her new presents until bedtime.
It was a busy and fun 5 days, and I was not ready to come back to work!
No comments:
Post a Comment