Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Hanging out with the big kids
Tuesday I picked up Cam and Megan (this is usually David's job) When I found Cam, I told him to go into his classroom and find his sippy cup. He knew right where it was. Then I asked him "where's Megan?" and he headed straight to her classroom: empty. So he and I headed outside to find her. She was playing with a group of 5-6 other children, and they were all eager to include Cam. It was so sweet to watch them help him down the slide and catch him. Then they gave him the only bucket and let him collect dirt in it. Each of them would grab some dirt/dust and bring it over to him. "Here you go, Cameron." they would tell him in a sing-song voice. And not one of them tried to take it from him. As they ran through the woods, he tried to keep up and fell. Three children came over to check on him (including Megan) and help him up. I'm starting to think five may be a downright wonderful age.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment