David does not like to sit home. Which is fine, because I really don't either (unless I'm in the middle of a good book, of course. But even then, a couple hours on the couch usually rejuvinates me) Sunday morning he said "Let's head to the Kings Island waterpark - let's get there right at 11a" (which is when it opens) Cameron had not been to the waterpark before, but he likes his swim lessons more and more, so we were hopeful.
He only went on a couple of slides, but we figure he needs time to get used to it. After 90 minutes in the sun, we were all ready to head back. We stopped at the grocery store and I slogged around in my watershoes there - not comfortable. By the time we got home, Cam was more than ready for his nap. After he was asleep, David said "Let's go to the Florence Freedom game tonight." It's a *very* minor league baseball team that plays about 5 miles south of downtown Cincinnati.
We got lawn seats at the game, which was perfect for Cameron. He could run around, and there was a playset right behind the lawn. It was swarmed with kids, but Cam and I managed to manuever unscathed. He didn't eat much during the day (we've been having some toddler "dining" issues) but helped Grandma finish a huge waffle cone at the baseball game. We were able to stay right up until the end (the Freedom won, 10-3) and then the children were invited to come down onto the field and run the bases. Cam didn't really seem to get the idea until an adorable 2-year-old girl passed us. Then I told him "follow her" and he was happy to oblige! Well, at least he has good taste! (she was absolutely precious)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Sounds like my kind of day! I hate sitting around. Glad you had fun!!
Post a Comment