Saturday, July 12, 2008

Flower girls squared

Megan is going to be a flower girl in a wedding next month. She'd never even met the bride before this weekend. But it's a family tradition - I was the flower girl for the bride's mother, the bride's mother was a flower girl for my mother, and the tradition goes back one more generation. I ruined the chain when I got married in Hawaii (and then Vegas...) But it's starting over with Megan. (and Megan's little girl will be the flower girl for Jessica's little girl. Except Megan is adamant about no kids. She also was not going to get married, but now she says she will marry Cole. But they aren't going to have any babies)

Saturday was the bridal shower. Megan got to meet the other flower girl, Michaela, who is 5 1/2. They were instant buddies, and played nicely during the entire shower (about 2 hours) Megan kept calling her "Kaitlyn" though (from her class) and Michaela just said "C'mon, friend." Hopefully they'll have a great time together at the rehearsal dinner and reception. I think we're going to have to separate them during the wedding.

No comments: