Lauri and I went to see Counting Crows at PNC Pavilion at the Coney Island complex. We had not heard of the opening act (Dashboard Confessional) and were not particularly impressed with them. But Counting Crows was great, and sang all of my favorite songs. One of their guitarists had caught COVID in Omaha, and was not able to join them in Cincinnati. However, this guitarist was not part of the band when they recorded August and Everything After. Which is by far my favorite album. So... they ended up singing a lot of songs from that album. Hooray! I stayed on my feet and clapped at the end, and was rewarded by a 3-song encore. I'm sure it was just because of me. :) He sang some of my favs a little differently than they were recorded. It was kinda cool to hear a new interpretation. However, it was also hard to sing along. :(
We sat and waited for about 10 minutes at the end of the show. It was enough time that everyone was cleared out, and getting out and to the car and out of the lot was no problem!
Here are some videos, and the songlist.
* = From August and Everything After
Songlist:
01 - 03 Dashboard Confessional songs I didn't know
04 - Dry Your Eyes?
05 - 10 DC songs I didn't know
11 - Dc Acoustic something
12 - another acoustic
13 - Dc unknown
14 - You have stolen my heart?
15 - 16 Dc i didn't know
BREAK
17* - Sullivan Street (hooray! my #3 favorite)
18 - All my love? (the one CC song I couldn't figure out)
19* - Rain King
20 - Colorblind
21 - Goodnight Elisabeth
22 - Recovering the Satellites
23* - Anna Begins (my fav!)
24 - Miami
25 - Acoustic of Blues Run The Game (cover)
26 - Friend of the Devil
27 - Washington Square (maybe the only one I didn't really like)
28* - Round Here (my 2nd fav!)
29* - Time and Time Again
30* - Mr Jones
31 - A Long December
32* - Omaha (encore)
33 - Hangin Around
34 - Holiday In Spain
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment