David has to leave for work before 8a, so mornings are all mine. Some days this leaves me drained and frustrated. Other days it can be downright pleasant. Like this morning. Cam let me get him dressed and lathered in sunscreen without a peep of protest. When I dropped Cam off at daycare, Megan came in and chatted with some of her old classmates. As I was leaving Cam's room, a little friend of his came right over and said "Hi Cam!" and started patting him. No crying from Cam as I left (always a relief)
I drove Megan down to French Park for her camp this week, and when we walked up to her group a little girl said "Hi Megan!" and was obviously excited to see her.
I hope this is a little peek into the future. I hope my kids stay popular. I hope they are always surrounded by friends. Is this shallow? I don't know, but although my childhood was far from tortured, the many times I felt isolated and friendless stay burned in my memory. Hopefully my children can avoid that pain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment