Thursday, March 13, 2008

What Cam Can Say

In approximate order of origin...

1) "Uh-oh" (Is this every baby's first word? It's still cute to hear him say it as he drops a spoon, or anything else, onto the floor. Once the television was on and a group of people said "Oh..." and Cam responded with "Uh oh")
2) "Apple" (A-Puh) (I'm not sure if he knows exactly what this is - he seems to mostly associate it with the juice I drink in the morning)
3) "All gone" (A-Guh) (He uses this one appropriately)
4) "Dog" (duh) (this means just about any animal, or any dog toy. It can also mean "Where's the dog?" Okay... maybe I'm exaggerating my ability to interpret Cam's utterings)

That's it - but he's also starting to really understand what we say to him.

Oh... he can also blow bubbles in the bathtub and he's starting to point.

Added 4/16/08
-------------------------
5) "A-ooooo" (like a werewolf, David has taught him "were-baby")
6) "Bubble" (buh-buh) - especially in the bathtub
7) "Ball" - this one really sounds like 'ball'
8) "Pooh" (Boo, but he's pointing at Pooh Bear)
9) "Car" (Gar, Gar, Gar! He points them out as we're driving along; he also got some toy cars from his grandparents and he now always has at least one in his hands)
10) "Bye-Bye" (complete with waving)
11) "Boo-Boo" (he just repeats it when I say it. I'm not sure he knows what it is)
12) "Bee" (and we've seen quite a few lately)
13) "Baby"

He also sings along sometimes: the other day "Twist and Shout" came on and he started imitating the "Ahhhh....ahhhh....ahhhh...ahhhh" part.

Added 5/19/08
------------------
14) "Out" ("ow")
15) "Bottle" (Bah-ool)
16) "Ear"
17) "Nose"
18) "Go-go"
19) "Eeyore" (Eeeeee-or)
20) "Elmo" (mo)
21) "More" (complete with sign)
22) "Eat" (ee-ee)

Added 6/28/08
-------------------
23) "Teeth"
24) Ouch (owww-ee)
25) "Doctor" (daw-ta)
26) "School"
27) "Water" (wah-er)
28) "Mommy"
29) "Daddy"
30) "Mamie" (my mom; I think this is what "mee-mee" means)

No comments: