Thursday, February 28, 2008

The City That Never Sleeps??

I surprised David for our 2nd anniversary with a trip to NYC. He'd never been, and it was top on the list of his destinations. Cam stayed with my mom the whole time, and Megan was with her dad. We were gone for five nights. We were able to get "lottery" front row seats for "Avenue Q", and free seats for Letterman. (that's not us in the pic though)


We went on the NBC Studio tour and I got to play weathergirl. We also went up in the Statue (never need to do that again. The pic shows the pigeons that rode with us on the ferry) and saw Ground Zero.



I was most impressed with Chinatown - it seemed so authentic to me, but then again, how would I know? I also loved FAO Schwartz: the huge Harry Potter creatures, the piano from "Big" (the guy in the pic with me is NOT David), and FAO Schweetz (where we split a sinfully-delicious chocolate cake)



We walked through Central Park, where everything was frozen. We watched a few ice skaters for a bit, then found the Central Park Zoo.


We also saw "Curtains" (3rd row center) and spent one evening at a Comedy Club (pretty good comedians) David insisted on checking out a karoke bar where the servers were all cross-dressers.



Of course, we also had to check out the local Hash House Harriers while we were in town

We were part of a very small crowd in the after-hour spots. The nightlife in general seemed... non-existent. David said "Well, if it doesn't sleep it certainly slows down." Of course, it was the middle of the week in February...
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, HONEY!!!

No comments: