Is there anything sweeter than a child who is ready and willing to sleep? Today it is just Cam and I - David works most Saturdays, and Megan is with Mom ("Fancy Pants" the clown) marching in a St Patty's Day parade. He does me the favor of sleeping until 10:15a so I could get through a good chunk of the Sue Grafton I'm reading. I figure he won't be ready for a nap until at least 2p.
At 1:15p he shakes his head at spaghetti, a banana, and even a precious baby cereal bar. When I offer him his bottle he grabs it eagerly. As he sucks, I can see his eyelids drooping. I seize the moment and head to the glider in his room. He seems to be a little "strong" for a bottle, but he still won't deign to consider a sippy cup. He sucks so hard on the nipple it sometimes collapses into the bottle. He's learned to pull it out of his mouth when this starts to happen. Today he pulls it out a few times, watching as the nipple resumes its intended shape. When the bottle is close to empty, he hands it to me sleepily and then crawls onto my shoulder. A couple of lullabies later, he's zonked. By 4:30p I finish most of my Sue Grafton ("N" is for Noose - the only one I can't find at the library in a Book on CD format. I hated to skip one in the series so I decided to *gasp* actually read it :) ) and Cammy's finally up and ready for more action.
Boy, I'll miss these weekend naps when they're gone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment