
Wow, my little guy is closer to a toddler than a newborn now! He's crawling the 'right' way. He's still not super-fast. It's cute to watch him pick up each arm rather deliberately - his legs just seem to be going along for the ride. He can also pull to a stand, and does so in his crib every morning. He can climb a few stairs, and sits very well. He's pretty vocal - Mama, Dada, squealing (pretty sure he hasn't associated Mama with me yet though) He's still waking up at night - once a night is a good night. But he goes right back to sleep and I feel pretty well-rested.
He takes a bath in a bath seat in the tub with Megan now. That's made the evenings a lot easier - giving either David or I time to grab a shower or just a minute to ourselves. He loves Dickens, and will squeal when he spots him and crawl to him excitedly.
He's kinda a mama's boy right now. It's taken me by surprise, as I'm a little ashamed to say he probably spends more time with his caregiver since I work 5 days a week. He's also alone with David quite often as I pick Megan up from daycare or take her to swimming and Tumblebees. But when I leave him he cries pretty consistently. He even cried when I was leaving him with David this week. And last weekend when he was tired he didn't want anyone else to hold him - not David, not grandma. Of course it's nice to feel loved but it makes my guilt meter rise higher than ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment