Megan's classroom is doing "Star of the Week". Each Tuesday one of the children is selected to share some special items from their life. They also ask the parents to write a letter to their child addressing what "makes them special". Megan was picked for Tuesday (10/2/07). I thought I'd copy my letter here:
Dear Megan,
You are indeed a special person. Every day is a new adventure as we find a way to learn and grow together. You have so much energy. Some days as I drive to Compass from work I feel so tired. But when you run to me and jump into my arms, my energy returns and I can’t wait to finish the day with you by my side. When David first met you, he loved to watch you fly like a superhero, right off your bed and into a thick pile of blankets. He would laugh, shake his head and call you a nutbucket – a term of affection from him.
You can be so sweet. Lately you will spontaneously hug me and declare “I love you, Mommy!” I think about those moments when I’m sad or frustrated at work. If I stub my toe or trip on the steps, you always stop playing and ask “What’s wrong Mommy?” and sometimes, if I ask just right, you’ll even kiss my boo-boo.
You are so bright, and learn so quickly. Just the other day you informed me “when the traffic lights are broken, you act like they are a stop sign.” Just this morning you declared: “That sticker says ‘boo’!” And if I ever need to know details of a princess story, I know who to ask. (Who was it who steals Belle’s book?)
Your imagination and creativity constantly amaze me. A few weeks ago a drawer fell out of our cabinet and you instantly turned it into a store where you used your powers of persuasion to sell me some items I really didn’t need. When we added the gates to the bottom of our stairs you turned into a hound dog and a tiger, waiting for your keeper. And David told me you ‘read’ him four stories Saturday, all created in your mind.
As you and I watch Cameron growing from a baby to a toddler, we talk over your time as a baby. Can you believe you were ever so small? You are so loving and patient with him. You help me check for those small parts that can choke him, and make goofy faces that make him giggle. I love to hear you tell him “Don’t worry, Cameron, Mommy’s coming.” I know sometimes it is hard to share my attention, but you have never shown any anger towards Cam. He is lucky to have such an incredible big sis.
Watching you grow from a bright-eyed infant into an eager not-so-little girl has filled my life with excitement and wonder. Realizing I get to hold your hand, then let it go, as you grow your wings and become your own person, is a precious privilege. We have so many adventures yet to come, and they will all be truly special because we will experience them together.
Love always,
Mommy
p.s. You are always my “Star of the Week”
You are indeed a special person. Every day is a new adventure as we find a way to learn and grow together. You have so much energy. Some days as I drive to Compass from work I feel so tired. But when you run to me and jump into my arms, my energy returns and I can’t wait to finish the day with you by my side. When David first met you, he loved to watch you fly like a superhero, right off your bed and into a thick pile of blankets. He would laugh, shake his head and call you a nutbucket – a term of affection from him.
You can be so sweet. Lately you will spontaneously hug me and declare “I love you, Mommy!” I think about those moments when I’m sad or frustrated at work. If I stub my toe or trip on the steps, you always stop playing and ask “What’s wrong Mommy?” and sometimes, if I ask just right, you’ll even kiss my boo-boo.
You are so bright, and learn so quickly. Just the other day you informed me “when the traffic lights are broken, you act like they are a stop sign.” Just this morning you declared: “That sticker says ‘boo’!” And if I ever need to know details of a princess story, I know who to ask. (Who was it who steals Belle’s book?)
Your imagination and creativity constantly amaze me. A few weeks ago a drawer fell out of our cabinet and you instantly turned it into a store where you used your powers of persuasion to sell me some items I really didn’t need. When we added the gates to the bottom of our stairs you turned into a hound dog and a tiger, waiting for your keeper. And David told me you ‘read’ him four stories Saturday, all created in your mind.
As you and I watch Cameron growing from a baby to a toddler, we talk over your time as a baby. Can you believe you were ever so small? You are so loving and patient with him. You help me check for those small parts that can choke him, and make goofy faces that make him giggle. I love to hear you tell him “Don’t worry, Cameron, Mommy’s coming.” I know sometimes it is hard to share my attention, but you have never shown any anger towards Cam. He is lucky to have such an incredible big sis.
Watching you grow from a bright-eyed infant into an eager not-so-little girl has filled my life with excitement and wonder. Realizing I get to hold your hand, then let it go, as you grow your wings and become your own person, is a precious privilege. We have so many adventures yet to come, and they will all be truly special because we will experience them together.
Love always,
Mommy
p.s. You are always my “Star of the Week”
2 comments:
You have cute kids and have nothing to worry about from me, but I would recommend you change this blog to private so only invited readers can look at you and your children. I'd hate to hear about some weirdo developing an internet fixation on you or your family. I did a Google search for "Sleep Guardian" trying to find out more info about my new role as a father and about "heading people off at the pass" while my wife and newborn are resting. Hope this isn't overstepping my bounds. Take care, Bill :)
Post a Comment