As I read Megan a book, I try to pick out words she might not know. Then I ask her if she knows what they mean. One of her (many, many) Princess books said "Hakim was famous for telling long stories..." I asked her "Do you know what famous means?" She gave me her pat response - "Tell me." So I told her it meant that many people know who you are, or have heard of you. I told her Cinderella is famous, because everyone knows who she is. Then I told her that in the story everyone must know that Hakim tells long stories, because it says "He is famous for..."
She then asked "Is Jasmine famous?" (we were reading a Jasmine story) I said "yes, she is." And Megan asked "What's her famous number?"
So then I tried to explain to her about homonyms.... LOL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment