Friday, May 18, 2007

Parents are mean?

Apparently Megan has decided a parent is not 'supposed' to be nice... here was our conversation two days ago:

Megan: "Why are you being so nice to me?"
Me: "Well, I like to be nice to you. It's easy when you are nice to me."
Megan: "But you're not acting like a parent."

Hmm... is this what you call a left-handed compliment?? Am I not usually nice, or is she thinking of one of her friends' parents? I guess it will remain one of the great mysteries of the 4-year-old brain.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

LOL!! The other day Greg gave me one of his trains as a present. I asked him why and he said it was so I wouldn't be mean to him. I guess by Megan's standards I must be acting like a "parent". At least your not alone! :)