After dropping off some cat and dog beds at the Conrey animal shelter, and visiting with some of the kitties, the kids and I headed to Kings Island.
The park was as crowded as I have ever seen it, but it's a big place so I decided to try anyway. It was a gorgeous day - sunny, but still fall-like. The high was supposed to be 72. We headed straight to Dinosaurs Alive, where there was a Trick or Treat trail. I liked how the teenagers handing out the candy were in really nice costumes. Some of the animatronic dinosaurs were also wearing costumes. The kids spent some time in the dino dig, and also decorated their mini pumpkins.
After we left the dinosaur area, I saw that the line for Trick or Treating (to get the bag and the map) was super-long. We hadn't had to wait at all - either for the map or to buy tickets into the Dinosaur area.
Next we went to see the 3D dinosaur movie. I hadn't seen it before; it was pretty good. It did make Cam jump a couple times, but he was fine for the most part.
Next we got Megan some Subway for lunch. Cam and I were going to share a meatball sub, but it turns out the KI Subway does not have meatballs. He was happy to eat his pretzels, half his apple, and a large Icee.
We caught the train (very crowded, but we got on the first one that came) over to Soak City, which they had turned into Howls-o-ween Fest. We did the Hay Bale maze, the Twisted Tale maze, then waited in line for Suds City, which was what Cam was really looking forward to. We didn't have to wait long at all. We also looked at the petting zoo for just a bit, and the kids played a "bounce house" version of Twister. (but no bouncing allowed) After one more round in Suds City, we headed home. We'd spent about 4 1/2 hours there. I think that was the longest I'd stayed all year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment