I let Megan stay up until midnight on New Year's Eve. She was still going strong... I don't know where she gets her energy. We had hats and noisemakers, and watched the NYC ball drop starting around 11:45p. She kept asking me "When does the party start?" and I would tell her "When it's midnight, we'll say 'yay, Happy New Year!', sing a song, and then we're going to bed." When it came time, she didn't even want to kiss me. "You gotta", I told her, "David's already asleep."
We filled the hours from 9p to 12a by drawing cartoon animals out of a book, creating two Lite Brite pictures, and playing on her new Glow Station.
The next day Megan and I slept until about 10a, the four of us went to the store (turns out it's easier with Megan along because she entertains Cam), had lunch, and then Megan and I went ice skating (she'd been asking to go for a few months now). She did pretty well for her first time. Luckily there were these metal walker-type contraptions. She could hold onto the bar and scoot it in front of her. Because it forced her to lean forward, her falls were greatly reduced. She asked me "Mommy, why haven't you fallen at all?" "Because I'm good!" I told her. It had been a while since I'd been on the ice, but I guess it's like riding a bike.
After skating we took advantage of the other attractions (at SportsPlus there are 2 ice rinks, a roller hockey rink, laser tag, video games, little kids rides, a roller coaster, a ferris wheel, and a "soft play" area). We played in the soft play area the longest. Along with the usual tunnels and slides, there were monkey bars with a ton of padding underneath, and cool "do-it-yourself" labyrinth (the walls were actually doors that could be rearranged), and a slope with soft bumps all the way up.
After I tucked Megan in that night, she told me "I hope you had a good new year!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment