Sunday, April 01, 2007

A little cereal in the bottle...

For the last few weeks Cameron has been sleeping through the night... actually, that's quite an understatement, as he's been known to sleep for more than 13 hours straight. I've been singing halleluiahs, but David was worried there could be a problem. I called the doctor's office and left a message for the nurses: "anyone want a good laugh? Call me back and I'll ask you a funny question." But before the nurse brushed it off and told me "you're just lucky!" she did ask a few questions. (is he eating well during the day? Does he have a lot of alert time during the day? Does he have plenty of wet diapers? blah, blah, blah) What I found most interesting about our discussion was the following:

"Is he breastfed?"
"Yes"
"Exclusively?" (a little bit of incredulity seeping in here)
"Yes"
"No formula at all?"
"No"
"Putting a little cereal in his nighttime bottle?"
"No"
"Wow"

Isn't the whole cereal thing a myth? Shouldn't a nurse know it's a myth?
Just found it curious :)

No comments: