Friday, April 27, 2007

Let's eat cake

Megan got it into her head that we should bake a cake. And far be it from me to deny my little girl anything. So we went to the store to get what we needed... eggs, butter, cake mix, icing, and - oh yeah - a cake pan. As we were putting it onto the conveyor belt I was speculating on how cashiers get little glimpses into the lives of their customers. Just as I was thinking this, Megan asked me "Do you think she knows what we're going to do?" Could my little girl be psychically connected to me? So I told her "Well, I'd bet she could guess." Megan let a few seconds pass, then asked "Why isn't she guessing?" So I smiled at the cashier and asked "Can you guess what we're going to do?" At first she just looked at me evenly and said "Bake a cake" but when Megan's face lit up and she giggled, the cashier started to snicker as well.

The cake was a success, though Megan didn't even eat half of her piece. David, on the other hand... well, let's just say that cake never got to learn the meaning of the word "tomorrow".

No comments: