Thursday, March 01, 2007

Snuggle time

Getting a 3 1/2 - year-old to slow down for snuggle time can be quite a challenge. For that matter, getting myself to slow down and work on a snuggle is no easy task. When Megan snuck into my room at 7:30a and the sun hadn't quite made its appearance yet, I told her "Come up here and lay next to me until it gets light out." To my surprise, she did. She let me hold her close and bury my face in her strawberry-scented hair. Then she turned her head and smiled at me while she traced my nose and cheeks. We took a few minutes to just smile at each other and enjoy sharing a pillow. I didn't get any more sleep, but I did get something much more valuable: a moment frozen in time with my oldest, who has left the baby and toddler years far behind her.

No comments: