Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Little brother on the way

Megan figured out I was pregnant all on her own. One day she touched my belly and asked "Mommy, is there a baby in your belly?" She was excited when I told her yes, and wanted to know if there was a baby in her belly too. I told her "not yet"

She wanted it to be a girl, but when I told her it was a boy she seemed to be okay with that too. (we were going to wait until we knew the sex before we told her but she put it together about 3 weeks before that)

At first I wasn't sure how she felt about having a baby in the house, but the other day she told me she was going to be "the best mommy ever" (helping me take care of the baby) And then yesterday she told me it was going to be "so much fun"! I hope it's as much fun for her as she thinks it's going to be... I know she has started "taking care of" doll babies she hadn't paid attention to in months.

I've got my fingers crossed!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Megan is too cute! Sawyer now asks everyone - including me - if there's a baby in their tummy because so many of my gf have been pg in the past year.