Thus ends the first week of Jen: Stay at Home Mom. Or as I like to call her UBOMS (unemployed burden on my soul) It wasn’t quite as Ozzie and Harriett as had expected. She didn’t have dinner on the table for me when I got home like I was hoping. After the first couple of days we did get into a groove though. For instance now Megan and I know that when the smoke detector goes off that means it’s dinner time. HHH (helpful husband hint) If there are any guys reading this, when your wife asks “Did you like dinner tonight?” The correct response is not, I repeat NOT! “Sure? What was it?” As it turns out that is a mandatory three nights on the couch and you don’t get a pillow till night two!
There was great news on the financial front this week. We found out we don’t have to pay college tuition for Megan. Ya see I took her to Tumble Bees class this week while Jen was cleaning out her desk at work. At the end of the class the teacher/instructor/queen bee /whatever, asked each child what they wanted to be when they grew up. Two girls said Doctor (impressive) one said a princess (a bit Walt Disney but okay) one said a gymnast (suck up!!) and my ever so cute step daughter Megan said she wanted to be ……………………………A DUCK! (Note to self: Quit pretending rubber ducks have super powers at bath time).
BTW if you think I am using this forum to take cheap shots at my lovely and talented wife…….well……..you’re right. It’s hard living with someone with Mensa brains. When we have a disagreement she starts using big words me not understand. By the time I look them up she is asleep! I still can’t figure out what a “Narcissistic addle-pate cretin” is but when I do I am sure I am gong to be mad and she is going to be snoring!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment