Sunday, June 05, 2005
Words, words, words
I can't believe how much her vocabulary has exploded over the last 3 months. Suddenly she can repeat almost everything I say. I love it when she comes on the phone and says "Hi Mama!" so clear it could be a 4-year-old. I love that she now knows what a 'hackey sack' is and identified a 'hot air balloon' after only seeing one once. She can even tell me when a ball is a baseball and when it's a basketball. I ask her about her day at daycare, and she tells me who she plays with or what she had for lunch. She can tell me who dressed her in the morning and who last changed her diaper. And if I mention Kings Island, she tells me about the 'cars that go round and round' or that if we go to the zoo we'll 'see aminals' (misspelling intentional :) ) She tells me that there's a 'roof over head' or that she's wearing 'shorts - like Mama'. She'll request we 'go to Mamie's house' or 'the kiddy pool'. She can almost count to 10, and will say 'A-B-C' when she sees a letter. I've never seen the wonder of the human learning curve this up close before.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
They grow up so fast don't they? cool post.
Post a Comment