Monday, May 30, 2005

My big girl

There is an amusement park, Kings Island, just a few miles from my apartment. I have a gold pass, as does Megan's dad (my ex-husband). Today we went for about the 5th time this season. I guess Megan was just taking in the atmosphere and getting used to everything the other 4 times, because this time she was SO brave! She went on the "cars that go round and round" all by herself. In fact, when I went to get her at the end of the ride she was none too happy. But she did seem to understand that we "had to get in line again". Eric, her dad, wanted her to go on the helicopters (we weren't allowed to go with her) We watched for a little bit and she wanted to jump right in! So I asked the dad in front of me if his little girl was riding by herself (she was) We asked her (Casey) if she wanted to ride with Megan and she said YES with enthusiasm. You'll never meet a friendlier 4-year-old. She chatted with Megan and Megan loved it, smiling and nodding. Casey made the helicopter go UP the whole time, and Megan smiled and giggled. When they were done, Casey gave Megan a huge hug and kiss. When she was gone, Megan kept asking "little girl". Eric wisely told her that some friends are "short-time friends".

No comments: