Sunday, May 01, 2005

Mamie the clown

Mamie (my mom, Megan's grandma) is now officially a clown. She attended 'clown school' at Children's Hospital. She accepts 'gigs', and 100% of her booking fee goes to Children's Hospital. A link if you're interested: http://www.cincinnatichildrens.org/give/volunteer/community/clowns.htm

Eric and I took Megan to the clown school graduation. She was okay with Mom, aka 'Fancy Pants'. But when she saw the other 20-30 clowns, she started screaming and crying. Apparently clowns are in the same league as those life-size cartoon characters - scary, scary, scary.

One evening at Mom's house she painted Megan's arm and face with her brand-new painting supplies. I was amazed at how still my little girl could be. Her face was transformed to a kitty face and her arm was decorated in red, white and blue (Memorial Day was around the corner) After her bath that night, Megan asked "arm?" and "kitty?" I told her the bath washed them off, but Mamie would do it again sometime. "Mamie do it again, Mamie do it again." She repeated that quite a few times, but it seemed to appease her.

We were at the library and I was sitting on a little chair right across from Megan, looking right into her face. "Paint face?" Megan asked. We were sitting just as she had sat with Mamie. So I pretended to paint a kitty face, and she was perfectly still :)

No comments: