Megan got her first set of tubes around 10 months. They must have fallen out around 19 months, because she developed an ear infection and it would not go away after 3 rounds of antibiotics. Finally, on the 4th round, it did clear up, but by then we already had a second surgery scheduled.
We got to take her to the Mason location this time, which is just a few miles from my apartment. She played in the waiting room until they called us in. They just reviewed a few questions and gave Megan a once-over. I gave her a new stuffed monkey while they were examining her, and that served as a good distraction.
Both Eric and I went back when she got the anethesia. It struck me that it took quite a bit longer for her to go under this time. She's so much 'sturdier' now I guess. She slept for 10-15 minutes after the surgery, and this time she woke up groggy but quiet. She sat on my lap and drank apple juice for about 5 minutes. I asked her if she wanted to go home, and the answer I got was an unequivocal yes. She took her nap at the normal time and had a subdued but perfectly pleasant day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment