Saturday, July 25, 2020

Jane catches a bunny

Jane brought the baby bunny down the stairs. I had no idea what she had! It was so much bigger than anything I'd seen her catch. I scruffed her, and she let it go. I threw her in the bathroom. The rabbit, stunned, just lay there. But he was alive. I put him in my sweatshirt, and ran around trying to decide what to do. Finally I thought of the cat carriers. I put him on the porch (in the warm), and locked the cats from getting on the porch. I called about 5 different wildlife rescue organizations, and finally one called me back. She was very friendly. I sent her a video, and she said she thought he would be ok. So I let him go in the tall grass behind our house.

Video I sent the rabbit lady:



Video of release:

No comments: