Saturday, December 28, 2019

Janes trip to emergency room

She was breathing very hard (you can see it in the video). It was past 10p at night. I was not sure what to do. I ran her to Grady Vet, which is open 24 hours. They said it was probably her heart. When they did an Xray, they said her heart looked enlarged. But when they got the blood test back, it showed nothing wrong with her #s / heart. Then they did a larger work-up that cost me a lot of $$. Finally, they said "we don't know, maybe asthma?" When Dr Kyle got the chart, etc, she said she thought Jane's heart looked perfectly normal. Ugh, too bad Dr Kyle is not open 24 hours. I would definitely have gone there. Jane spent 2 nights in the "hospital." When she came back, she was stressed, but after about 48 hours she seemed perfectly normal. Dr Kyle recommended I switch to Pine litter, which I did. We think either the fire in the fireplace or David spray-painting IN THE HOUSE was probably the cause of her breathing issues.

It's now March 14, and she has been perfectly fine. I'm keeping the pine litter, because it is better for the environment.





No comments: