Saturday, April 27, 2013

Taylor Swift Concert

For Megan's birthday, I got her tickets to the Taylor Swift concert. She was pretty excited. We left Cincinnati for Lexington around 12:30p, dropped Cam off at Joyce and Ron's, headed south, stopped for a YUMMY lunch at Fazoli's, and got to Lexington with plenty of time to spare.

We looked around some stores, walked a little around downtown Lexington, and found Rupp Arena. I had driven around the block when I found what I was pretty sure was Rupp Arena. I found a parking garage not far away. It was only about 2 blocks from the arena. When I pulled out at the end of the night - $3. Awesome! I heard a man in a lot directly across from the arena charging $40 about an hour before the show.

We found a cool dress store nearby, and Megan enjoyed assigning the various dresses to different princesses.

We went into Rupp maybe 20 mins after the doors opened. I bought Megan a t-shirt, we found our seats (2nd to last row, all the way to the side), and settled in for the wait. We played some games on her iPhone, and watched the Taylor Swift clips playing. About 20 mins before the show, a lady surprised me by whispering in my ear. She said "how would you like to sit on the floor?" At first I thought she meant just move back to the back row. At least we would have a back on our seats. (we were on bleachers) When I realized what she meant, I asked "ARE YOU SERIOUS?" She told me to follow her quietly, and she would give us floor seats. I did, and she did! Our section went from 432 to "5"! And we just kept walking down, down, down.

After the show we found the car without too much trouble. The whole day went very smoothly, and was a great trip.

It was a very good show, with lots of nice effects. Megan actually fell asleep on the long ride home. We pulled in at about 1 AM. Megan ended up staying with us all weekend, because her dad was sick.



The wave:


"Mean":


"Twenty-Two":



"Our Song":


Duet w Ed Sheeran:


"Trouble":


"Love Story":


"Never Getting Back Together":


No comments: