Mom and I took Megan, Aidan and Cameron camping at Winton Woods the Monday of their Spring Break. It was a little cool, but the cabin had a heater! We went on a couple walks around the lake, played on some playgrounds, had a campfire, ate Chinese food at our picnic table, and wrote on the road in front of our site with chalk. We also took a paddleboat out. We stayed pretty busy, but one night was plenty.
Mom and I took Megan, Cam, and Aidan camping at Winton Woods. We got a small cabin that exactly fit the three of us. We were thrilled to learn that these cabins recently had a heating/AC unit added. There was some bickering and crying, but mostly the kids seemed to enjoy being outside, walking through the woods, playing on some playgrounds, and taking out a paddle boat. We had a small, successful fire Monday night, but could not get the wood started for lunch Tuesday. We drove down the street for Chinese food for Monday dinner - yummy.
It was wonderful weather, about 60 degrees and sunny. I even managed to get my face sunburned the second day. I thought it was a nice start to Megan's Spring Break. (Wednesday she spent with Mamie, Thursday with David, Friday with her dad)
No comments:
Post a Comment